50 MPH Winds hit North California
a branch fell from a tree onto a roof causing leaks
The north state of California was hit hard with heavy rains and 50MPH winds. A customer called in and reported a tree branch had fell and hit his roof, causing a hole that allowed water to penetrate into the attic and eventually through the ceiling and into the living room. SERVPRO of South Shasta County's emergency response team was on the scene right away and tarped off the roof, preventing more water from getting in the home. Due to heavy winds the tarp blew off the house. SERVPRO was notified and again sent a crew out the same day. The crew then came in with blowers and a dehumidifier to try and get water out of the air and floor, this helped mitigate the moisture in the affected area.
Untreated water can cause major problems to your home
Water damage from a leak
Untreated water Damage can cause major problems to your house. Anytime water penetrates a house it needs to be treated right away. We use IICRC Trained Technicians that use standard industry methods to get rid of the standing water. Once the visible water is gone, We then use an Air Mover to push the moisture from the ground into the air, then use a de-humidifier to move the moisture out of the air and into a bucket. The bucket will actually fill up with water from the moisture from the area. The water can then be discarded. Untreated water/moisture can cause mold which could possibly lead to bigger problems. Once you see water in your house you need to get it treated right away, and the best company to call is SERVPRO of South Shasta County.
Earthquake hits big box store
This is the team that cleaned up the mess due to the earthquake and made things look "like it never happened"
An earthquake hit an area in Northern California, where a big box store was located. This created a lot of damage. The Big Box Store had there aisles knocked over and had many products spilled on the ground. This created a problem that not just anyone could fix. SERVPRO Of South Shasta County was on the scene that very night and cleaned the store . After the crew was done, (well into the late evening), the store looked "like it never happened".
Halloween Party Safety Tips
SERVPRO of South Shasta County has been cleaning fires for over twenty years. Halloween is coming soon, so we offer these Halloween safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association so you can have a fun and safe celebration:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- When using electrical lighting to decorate your home, ensure it is used per the manufacturer’s instructions. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
For families still planning to attend Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating:
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric that could come in contact with open flames or other heat sources
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes
Call Us Today!
Call SERVPRO For Immediate Service in SERVPRO of South Shasta County
SERVPRO of South Shasta County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Redding. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (530) 241-2424
Whether your Redding home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Redding commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Water Intrusion Prevention Tips!
Along with the rain comes the challenges presented by water intrusion. Our technicians in SERVPRO of South Shasta County respond to water damage emergencies throughout the year, and we see the damage even a small leak can do to a home. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted water:
You can prevent water from entering your home by inspecting your home’s exterior for any place where water can enter the home and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check your rain gutters and remove any debris that may be clogging them
- Check your downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the house
- Gutter guards are a good way to prevent clogs and water intrusion into the house
- Check your sprinkler systems and make sure they are not spraying water into the house and that water is not pooling around the home’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will find its way into a structure easily when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter into the foundation wall through any cracks.
When your home or business has storm damage, our team in SERVPRO of South Shasta County is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 530-241-2424.
Black Water Contamination?
Our local technicians in South Shasta County have the specialized training, equipment, and protective gear necessary to safely clean and restore sewage backups. There are three categories of contaminated water, as follows:
Category 1: “Clean Water”
This is water from a clean source, such as a broken clean water supply line or faucet.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, it can degrade into category two or three
Category 2: “Gray Water”
This water has a significant level of contamination that could cause discomfort or illness if ingested. Sources for category two water may include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces or dishwasher overflow.
- It May contain bacteria and viruses
- It can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: “Black Water”
This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and any contact should be avoided. Sources for category three water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- It may contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
When your home or commercial business has a sewer backup emergency, our SERVPRO of South Shasta County is Here to Help. ® We’ll clean and restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 530-241-2424
Why Choose SERVPRO For Fire Damage Remediation?
Call us today at (530) 241-2424
Homeowners are often concerned about what will happen to their house after a fire. It is terrifying if a fire starts in your home, and of course, your initial response is to call in the firefighters and make sure the blaze is out.
However, after your home is secure after fire damage, it is time to think about the cleanup process. Cleanup and remediation remove soot damage and lingering odors so that your house feels like your own once more. Restoration is an essential step in making your home suitable to live in, and it also helps you feel calmer and more at peace there because it does not look so fire damaged.
What Does Fire Damage Remediation Entail?
People sometimes think fire damage remediation means cleaning off visible soot stains. However, there is much more to fire damage remediation than scrubbing surfaces. Fire damage services include:
An initial assessment of the situation is a vital first step in determining what has happened and how much restoration work is needed
Securing your home with tarps and boards if necessary so that it is safe to carry out our work and your home is protected as much as possible
Extracting any water that remains from the extinguishment efforts to ensure moisture cannot seep into your belongings or cause mold growth
Thoroughly cleaning all soot damaged items and surfaces using a range of wet and dry cleaning methods
Sanitizing fire-damaged items, so they are safe for use
Every remediation project ends with deodorization so that your home smells clean once more, and carrying out minor and major repairs to make your house structurally sound.
Why Is SERVPRO The Best Choice For Restoration?
Fire damage cleanup is a complex process. SERVPRO of South Shasta County is the best choice for restoration due to our highly trained technicians and the full range of equipment we have at our disposal.
We do not stop at cleaning away soot. Our remit is to work on your home until it reaches its pre-fire condition to resume your life. We follow a proven series of steps, as outlined above, to take care of every aspect of restoration. Our teams handle everything from emergency boarding up through to removing lingering smoky smells.
Some companies are too quick to discard items or replace damaged structures within the home. We put our focus on restoring rather than replacing wherever possible. Restoration is ultimately more cost-effective for you and can help you return to your home more quickly, while still keeping the focus firmly on safety and security.
How Well Trained Are SERVPRO Teams?
We are proud to say that each SERVPRO technician is thoroughly trained, thanks to our extensive employee training program. Our program includes:
Initial training at our corporate training facility – this is a hands-on fifteen-day course
IICRC certification to keep us in line with industry standards
Employee certification training
E-training and ongoing education to ensure our teams stay at the top of their game
Our practical and ongoing training means you can rely on our technicians to efficiently and professionally handle your fire damage restoration. We keep up to date on industry standards and best practices and keep all team members informed.
Our thorough training gives our teams the edge and equips them to assess each situation and determine the course of action that will have the best outcome.
What Aspects Of Fire Cleanup Can SERVPRO Help Me With?
Customers are often surprised by just how much our teams can help them.
We do not only clean your walls and floors but also take care of chairs, sofas, drapes, tables and any other furniture that got damaged in the fire
We assess personal belongings such as clothes and advise on what to save and what to toss
We can help with lingering moisture residue due to firefighting efforts
If you need to move out of your home, we assist with the pack up and move out process
We sanitize and disinfect your home as needed
We equip our teams with everything from smoke meters and water pumps to air scrubbers and industrial-strength cleaning materials. No matter the extent of the damage to your home, our people have the knowledge and equipment necessary to restore it.
Our teams take care of fire damage remediation from top to bottom, which means you do not have to call in any other professionals. We do everything for you, so you do not need to stress out.
If you need help with fire damage remediation, choose SERVPRO of South Shasta County. Give us a call at (530) 241-2424.
Tips for Creating an Insurance Inventory List
Call us today at 530-515-5986
When you have a fire or water damage emergency, having an up-to-date home inventory list makes it easier to settle insurance claims. SERVPRO of South Shasta County offers these tips from the Insurance Information Institute for using technology to make your home inventory easier.
- Take pictures – Create a photo record of your belongings. Capture important individual items and entire rooms, closets, or drawers. Label your photos with what’s pictured, where you bought it, the make or model—whatever information might be important to replacing or getting reimbursed for the item. Use your smartphone or digital camera—some give you the capability to put in the item’s description when saving the photo.
- Tape it – Walk through your house or apartment, videotaping and describing the contents. For example, you might describe the contents of a kitchen cabinet: “Poppies on Blue by Lenox, service for 12 that includes a dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, cup, and saucer. Purchased in 2015.”
- Use an app – Many mobile app options can help you create and store a room-by-room record of your belongings.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business needs property damage restoration services, SERVPRO South Shasta County is Here to Help. ® Our technicians will clean and restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 530-241-2424
What Can I Do if I Have Flood Damage in My Home
When a storm causes water intrusion and your home or commercial business floods, SERVPRO of South Shasta County will restore the damage quickly and efficiently. Here are some tips from our website on things you can do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today! At 530-241-2424