Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home. For those people who are affected by mold exposures there can be a wide variation in how they react. People at greatest risk for health effects are individuals with allergies, asthma, sinusitis, or other respiratory conditions, as well as infants and children, elderly people, and pregnant women. In addition, individuals with a weakened immune system are at risk.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the heating and air conditioning system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of South Shasta County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectant products on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of South Shasta County specializes in both mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it is a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today - 530-241-2424