If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (530) 241-2424

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What is Mold?

1/21/2021 (Permalink)

Water & Mold SERVPRO LOGO If you think you have mold damage call SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424.

Mold is a fungus that can be found almost anywhere and can grow on almost any substance when moisture is present.  Once mold starts to grow it can spread fast. Mold can grow in low humidity and low temperature.

Water damage, if left untreated, in your home or office can cause secondary damage. One way to eliminate mold is to fix the water damage immediately and removing the source of moisture. Reducing humidity can decrease the spread of mold as well.

If you have a water damage it is important that the source of moisture is dried out within 24-48 hours to prevent the start of mold spores. Hard surface nonporous materials such as countertops, tile and appliances may be cleaned, however porous materials such as ceiling tiles, walls and carpet may have to be removed and replaced dependent upon the amount of mold damage.

If you find anything that appears to be mold call SERVPRO of South Shasta County. We will send our expert technician out to perform a free inspection and a free estimate to remediate water damage and mold damage from your structure as well as give you and an estimate to repair any damaged structure caused from the water or mold damage.

SERVPRO of South Shasta County will work directly with your insurance company. For more information visit our web site at www.SERVPROsouthshastacounty.com

Other News

View Recent Posts