If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (530) 241-2424

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The Dangers of Mold

1/21/2021 (Permalink)

mold on wall If you have mold damage. Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424 or visit us at www.SERVPROsouthshastacoutny.com.

Mold is everywhere. It is a fungus that can be found outside and inside of buildings and in nature. It grows in lower humidity and low temperature areas. Mold grows when it is introduced to a source of moisture.   

Mold can become a problem when there is a perpetual moisture problem. Once mold starts to grow with a continuous source of moisture it can cause health effects to humans and pets.

Many times, people who are affected by mold have respiratory issues like asthma or bronchitis. If you notice mold in your house your may want to get an inspection. As well as see a doctor if you are feeling unwell after exposure to the mold.

Mold can be removed once the source of the continuous moisture has been stopped. If you notice that you may have a pipe leak or a roof leak and notice a dark area where it was water damaged you will want to call SERVPRO of South Shasta County for a free inspection and estimate to remediate the mold and perform any repairs caused by the water and mold damage. 

Other News

View Recent Posts